10 Facts about British Columbia
With BC day just around the corner, on August 1st, we thought we would gather some fun facts about our beautiful province and share them with you.
1. The longest river in Bc is the Fraser at 1,399km in length.
2. Half of all British Columbians live in the Metro Vancouver Area.
3. 1 in 4 North American Grizzlies are found in BC, and 1 quarter of all black bears are found here as well.
4. BC occupies about 10% of Canadas land surface.
5. Our Provincial flower is the "Dogwood".
6. BC is one of the worlds top 3 producers of cranberries and blueberries.
6.There are over 864 vinyards spread across more than 9800 acres of land which includes wineries and independent growers.
7. BC has over 27,000 km of Coastline.
8. There are 961 KM of the trans Canada Highway
9. The highest point of BC is Fairweather Mountain at 4663m/15299 Ft.
10. There are only 30 countries bigger than BC
Our Province is so beautiful and filled with so much nature and history. Check out http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/08/xx-fun-facts-british-columbia/ for more interesting facts on our province.
Happy BC Day!